• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to detect a tab close event or an exit event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not use the VVAPPNAME field?

Comment

Unfortunately, the VVAPPNAME field is used for more descriptive name of the app.
      The content does not necessarily contain the actual 10 character program name.
      vvappname.PNG

Comment

If you're trying to get at the back-end RPG program name the app calls then you should find that in field VVAUTHPRGS.

Of course, if the front-end is set up to call more than one RPG program directly then you may have multiple values in that field.

Comment

Robert,
          That's exactly the case in my situation; I have more than one programs/service programs in the VVAUTHPRGS field.

Comment

I see. Well hopefully the programs specified in your VVAUTHPRGS field are just those that are actually called directly from the front-end app via AJAX calls -- I wouldn't expect to see service programs in there.

To be clear, you don't need to specifically authorize programs that are called further downstream on the back-end. You only need to specify the RPG program(s) that are called directly from the front-end app. Programs or service programs that are subsequently called by that RPG program don't matter.

Comment

Working...
            X