• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid columns out of sequence in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid columns out of sequence in IE

Working on my first application and decided to remove some of the columns in my grid. After updating the project, the first 4 grid columns (including the action column, which is a non-movable column) were displaying at the very end of the grid (last 4 columns). This occurred in all 3 browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and IE). I saved the project a second time and reloaded the browsers. The grid is fine in Firefox and Chrome, but still out of sequence in IE. So I cleared my browsing history in IE, thinking my prefernces were somehow screwing this up.
    Still no good... any ideas?

Windows 7, IE 11

My guess is that you have a stateful grid in which you moved some columns around on the user side. Upon removing columns on the developer side your grid in the browser was probably looking at an old "state" cookie referencing column IDs that no longer exist, hence the messed up column sequence. Some browsers are better than others about resolving this scenario. Have you tried explicitly deleting all the cookies in IE? I believe IE11 has a special procedure for this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...okies#ie=ie-11

Comment

Robert,
      Yes... you are correct. I had moved columns around on the IE browser before moving/removing columns on the developer side.

As stated in my originaly message, I already tried deleting the cookies by explicitly deleting the browsing history (cookies included)... tried it several times (the link you provided is not quite the same... I am NOT running Windows 8 or 10). I even tried to remove the check from "Preserve Favorites" on the delete browsing history.

I can move all of the columns back except for the action column, where drag is not allowed.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

IE is quirky (which is why we rarely use it, except to address reports of IE-specific behavior anomalies like this). What we just found is that even when you explicitly tell IE11 to delete the cookies, apparently you must completely shut down the browser in order for that deletion to take full effect.

So try shutting down and restarting IE11 and then your grid should look as expected.

Comment

Robert - thank you.

What a piece of crap (IE that is). I will likely have my users switch to Firefox. This is is my first application and I'm loving Valence.

Comment

Glad to hear it! For what it's worth, we find Chrome to be the best browser.

Comment

Working...
            X