• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBM i Access for Web (5250) - Using Kerberos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM i Access for Web (5250) - Using Kerberos

I receive a pop-up panel that states the following, "ERROR / The IBM i user ID associated with your Valence session (null) does not match the user ID used to authenticate to IBM i Access for Web (JEA). Close and restart your browser to switch users."

Please note that we are running our 4.2 portal under Kerberos authentication.

I've made the following changes to the setup section dealing with

2016-02-10_16-03-17.jpg

These are the App settings to your supplied, "IBM i Access for Web (5250)" app. Please note that I haven't make any changes.

2016-02-10_16-04-13.jpg

Please advise.

Thank you

Can you verify that your user profile (via Portal Admin) has a value for "IBM i User"?

Comment

Good Morning Sean,

Yes it does have a value of "JEA". I've included a print screen for you to review.

2016-02-11_6-30-25.jpg

Comment

Sean,

FYI ... Using "Portal Admin / Settings / Login Method" ... If I turn off "Use Kerberos at login and/or Use EIM at login" I can use the app to successfully launch the specific "Default display properties for launched sessions:" defined in "Portal Admin / Settings / IBM i Access for Web Settings".

Comment

We found the issue here and it will be resolved in the next update.

Comment

Sean, Thank you for working with me yesterday to provide us with a temp solution until the next patch/update is release next week.

Richard and Sean, The Herr's development team really appreciates your excellent support!

Have a great weekend and safe warm!

Comment

Working...
            X