• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grid Filtering remotely (Big Data)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Filtering remotely (Big Data)

Hi all,

At first i wish you an happy new year !

I'm using the new function of grid filtering (provided by Extjs 5). All is working proper for a local filtering. (nice and easy).
    I would like to do the same with a large amount of data (> 50000 records).
    I would like to know how to do that remotely by using the same functionality of grid filtering.
    I'm not sure it is possible, so, any advice will be appreciated

Happy new year to you too, Patrice!

If you have "remoteFilter=true" specified on your grid, then your back-end RPG program should be receiving the user-specified filters via an array that looks something like this:
    filter: [{"operator":"lt","value":5000,"property":"CUSNO"}, {"operator":"gt","value":1000,"property":"CUSNO "}]

In this example, there are two filter conditions being applied to the CUSNO column. It would entail adding "where CUSNO<5000 and CUSNO>1000" to the SQL statement on the back-end.

Unfortunately there is not (yet) an option on vvOut_execSQLtoJSON to automatically handle filters in a manner similar to the way sorters are handled (i.e., vvOut.applyFilters=*on). We do have this on the wishlist for Valence 5.0, but to do this today you would need to manually pull the filter data into your RPG program and add the appropriate constraints to the SQL "where" clause yourself.

Look at the code for VVIN_SORTERS and you should be able to create the equivalent code to VVIN the filter data into a data structure array consisting of OPERATOR/VALUE/PROPERTY fields. Your RPG program would then need to loop through the array and adjust the SQL where clause accordingly.

Comment

Hi Robert,
      Thanks for your reply, i will try to do that.
      I have found that VVIN_SORTERS (in VVIN) is used in VV_OUT.
      Now i need to understand how it works ....
      Best regards,
      Patrice

Comment

FYI, Valence 5.0 will have a filtering feature added to vvOut_execSQLtoJSON -- when you specify vvOut.applyFilters='1' it will pull in the grid's filter data and automatically apply it to the SQL statement. Valence 5.0 is scheduled for release in May, but we may be able to get you a Beta before that if you're interested.

Comment

Wonderful, yes i'm interested to use this feature when you are ready to provide it !
          Thanks for this proposal !

Comment

Working...
          X