• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URL Prefix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL Prefix

Hello,

I am trying to setup a new project in Sencha Architect. But the Project Settings have been changed.
    Before under the General tab was the URL Prefix to point to the IFS folder for Valence.
    Sencha Architect
    Version: 3.2.0.339
    channel: 3.2-stable
    platform: 1.4.1.960
    cmd: 5.1.3.61
    framework: Ext JS 5.1.x

Under the General tab the URL Prefix Setup
    Uncheck to edit the Url Prefix and disable the web server.

When I uncheck the box and write what we used to put in the url to point to the IFS folder, the Valence resources do not come in and does not allow me to add the Valence theme or the valence js.
    Auto Code is working.

Thank you.

Are you developing your Valence apps using Node.js on your local machine and then doing production builds to install on your production valence instance?

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but I think the answer is no.
      I was trying to build a front end entry screen to allow the user to input data and update a iSeries file on the backend. This would be like creating a carton with sku and quantity. The system would get the carton number from the table, validate the sku and accept the quantity.
      I was using the Sencha Architect and when I try to add the valence.js and valence theme it is not available.
      There used to be a video own Sencha on the site, but that is no longer there.

Cliff

Comment

Hey Cliff, sorry for the delay. I didn't realize you had posted a reply. I wish I would get an email when someone replied to a thread I have posted on.

Anyways, I would highly recommend using the method described in the CNX Blog from April 2015, Using your own PC as a test machine for Valence apps.
        This way you can develop your app independent from the iSeries IFS. You can create an app from scratch in Architect and import the valence-debug.js
        into your app. Then you can do a production build on your app once it is ready to be used and the app is self containing.(meaning you don't have files all the over the IFS that your app depends on) the build process brings everything together into one folder....and then you place the built app into production....Its kind of hard to explain but this is how our company has been doing it for about the past 6 months and it is awesome. We have also been able to start using GIT now to keep version control of the Sencha Front End. Something that was practically impossible to do if you are developing your apps directly on the AS400.

I know i have probably created more questions than answers but I don't mind to share what I've learned going through the process! Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

To help with your original question, the valence.js usually resides in the /resources/ directory from the root of your valenceweb instance...you need to make sure the path you type in gets you to that directory....in my case i use http://xxx.com:6042
          then when i try to bring in the valence.js resource for the url parameter I would put /resources/valence.js
          Of course this is very generic and you would need to fit it into your scenario....You could also bring in valence-debug.js when your developing so the code is readable.

Comment

Working...
          X