• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to Valence 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to Valence 4.2

Hello,

We finished upgrading to 4.2 and all went well. It appears everything was created correctly.
    However none of the created programs work. We are getting 'Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)' on all programs that were created in house.
    We probably missed a step.
    Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

Thank you,
    Cliff

I suspect it's a back-end issue with the bound service program. Did you recompile your RPG programs over the new 4.2 service program?

Note that if you're still using 4.1 in production, you should be sure to copy your RPG programs that use Valence into a new library (i.e., VVAPPS42 or VVMODS42) and compile them there with VALENCE42 in your library list.

Feel free to call the support line if you need any help with the upgrade.

Comment

Just a note about what was found.
      With Robert's help it was found that any program with the VVDSPEC copy source in it would likely be bound to VVSRVPGM and will need to be recompiled.

Cliff

Comment

Working...
      X