• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing Valence via VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Valence via VPN

Hi Folks,

I just want to know whether or not it's possible to access Valence via VPN.
    Basically I'd like to our sales force to generate customer reports, statistics etc while still being at the customer's location.
    Less paper to move around with.

Thanks
    EJ

Yes, if you have a VPN configuration already set up for your company's network, you just need to start the VPN connection first, and then you should be able to go to the Valence login page through the browser. Also you could set up an outside-facing direct connection to your Valence server instance with some setup work and the addition of SSL security layer.

Comment

Thanks Richard, accessing Valence via VPN works. I'll need some guidance on setting up an outside-facing direct connection to your Valence server instance
      and setting up the addition of SSL security layer. Can you recommend some literature on doing this? This will save my having to google.

Comment

Setting up outside access without VPN to your Valence instance requires the involvement of your network admins. They would need to do a network translation between an outside ip address and host name to your internal Valence server instance port. This is a pretty standard configuration that any experienced network admin should be able to do. For the SSL configuration it's just an Apache thing, not really Valence-specific. It's old but I've always found this resource to be helpful: http://www.gateway400.org/documents/...%20iSeries.pdf

Comment

Thanks Richard, I`ll follow this up.

Edward

Comment

Working...
          X