• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blank Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Portal

Hi All,
    Over the weekend out air-conditioning went down and as a result all our servers including the IBM i got shutdown because of the excess heat.
    After restarting I noticed today that on clicking on my shortcut to Valence the Portal did not come up as usual. Apart from the address line there is
    just a blank screen. I have installed the latest update but that didn't help either.
    Something, somewhere is really messed up. I now intend restart the system before the night shift starts. If that doesn't help I'll just have to get in
    touch with the guys in support.

Has anyone experienced a similar effect?

Thanks,

Edward

When you have an abnormal system shutdown there's a good chance there could be damaged objects on your system. When you do a STRTCPSVR on the Valence instance you should get a job log under the QTMHHTTP user name if there is an error on startup. Check for that...it might point you to the object(s) in error. The problem in diagnosing this is that the problems are really unpredictable. Contact support@cnxcorp.com directly if it doesn't come back up after your restart.

Comment

Thanks Richard. I'll keep you posted.

Edward

Comment

Working...
      X