• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Architect autocomplete field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Architect autocomplete field

Hi All,
    I'm new to architect and want to add an autocomplete zone in a form.
    I would like this zone will be related to an external table.
    Do you have an example to understand how to do that ?
    Thanks for your help,
    Patrice

There are a number of different ways to approach this. I would suggest you look at the Help Desk - Ticket Manager example app for starters. When you go to add or edit a ticket in this app, there are a number of combo boxes in the pop-up window. Any of these comboBox fields could be converted to a standard autocomplete field by changing the "hideTrigger" config to "true". Try playing with it on the "Resources" field.

In the case of this Help Desk app, the store behind each combo box is loaded with all possible values. However if your list of possibilities is very large (i.e., more than a few hundred records) you may get better results by only loading a small subset of possible values on each keystroke. You could do this by changing the "queryMode" config to "remote" and adjusting the back-end SQL code to include a "where" clause and a "fetch first x rows" clause. See RPG program EXCBMTA for a rough back-end example.

There are a number of other front-end configs you may want to adjust for remote queries on typeahead combo boxes, such as minChars (which defaults to 4, meaning it won't start auto-completing until the 4th character is typed), queryParam (the name passed to the RPG program for the "where" clause), queryCaching, queryDelay, forceSelection, etc., depending on your needs. See the Ext JS comboBox API for all the configuration details.

-Rob

Comment

Hi Robert,
      Thanks for your help and quick reply.
      I will follow your advices and study the examples provided.
      I have found The EXCBMTA RPG but not the Sencha Architect Example working with.
      Perhaps i have missed something ....
      Thanks for your help,
      Patrice

Comment

Hi Patrice,
        There is no front-end component to the EXCBMTA program; that was just retained from an earlier version of Valence to show different ways the RPG side can be coded. We're planning to add some new front-end and back-end examples to Valence 4.2 this fall.
        -Rob

Comment

Hi Robert,
          Nice ! Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X