• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spool file Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spool file Viewer

I would like to modify the spool file viewer to work like the wrksplf command, so you only see your spool files. Do you have an option for this or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Jim Malugin
    Crossville

Hi Jim,

The spool file viewer is a Nitro Enterprise feature so the source code in the back-end VVSYSUTIL program isn't visible. You'd probably want to just create your own RPG program to use the QUSLSPL API for a specific user across all OUTQs, in conjunction with a simple front-end grid program to list the data. You could still call VVSYSUTIL to view an individual spool file by calling it and sending the same parms you see used in the Spool File Viewer.

If you send an email to support we can hook you up with some source code to point you in the right direction for using that API.

-Rob

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by robert.swanson View Post
      Hi Jim,

The spool file viewer is a Nitro Enterprise feature so the source code in the back-end VVSYSUTIL program isn't visible. You'd probably want to just create your own RPG program to use the QUSLSPL API for a specific user across all OUTQs, in conjunction with a simple front-end grid program to list the data. You could still call VVSYSUTIL to view an individual spool file by calling it and sending the same parms you see used in the Spool File Viewer.

If you send an email to support we can hook you up with some source code to point you in the right direction for using that API.

-Rob
      Thanks Rob, I could not find the source so I thought I would ask, I will create my own.

Comment

Working...
      X