• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Every Tried Drag-and-drop to upload a file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Every Tried Drag-and-drop to upload a file?

Has anyone ever created a Valence app that allows a user to click-drag-drop a file into a component then upload that file? Is it even possible to do that through a Valence app?

Valence app or not, anything that can be accomplished using HTML can be accomplished with Ext (as it is generating HTML). Quickly found this forum link which may be helpful:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...p-drop-support

Comment

Sean,

Thanks for your response. I kind of figured that was the possibility, and we did Google a lot of ExtJS drag-and-drop-upload questions. However, when you dig into "how it works" we are left wondering how you make it work with vvupload. With everything there is theory and practice. We hit a few brick walls with trying to make drag-and-drop-upload work with vvupload and I want to make sure that vvupload is fully capable of handling any file handler (not just the browse button handler).

Have you guys coded a drag-and-drop-upload? Did you integrate it with vvupload? Not looking for code. Just making sure we are not chasing "red herrings".

Comment

I have not implemented this with vvupload in the past although it should be no problem. As long as you post the data the same way vvupload will process the request just fine.

Comment

Hi, i'm looking for the same solution.... did you make it work in the end?

Comment

Working...
          X