• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED]3.1 to 4.1 Migration Question: Global Variables in VVSETTINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED]3.1 to 4.1 Migration Question: Global Variables in VVSETTINGS

(I did a poor job asking my question so I'm editing my post)

In 3.1, we used file VVVSQ100 to store global variables. I used this file to softcode the IFS locations of the html/js files for different environments (dev, qat, prod). It seems the new file for this is VVSETTINGS. When I input my settings into VVSETTINGS, and try to add a new app to the portal, it seems that Valence now puts /portal/[fpapps_path] at the front of my custom URL. How do I get around this as our current IFS structure is not under that folder?

Here is what it looked like:

/portal/[fpapps_path]/myapp.html

What is the proper way to softcode custom application paths in Valence 4.1 (how do you set up VVSETTINGS and how do you reference the custom application path)?
    Last edited by rkanemeier; 02-19-2015, 05:41 PM.

I'm not quite understanding the question here... Perhaps you're conflating the URL and IFS path?

To clarify, please post:
    (1) a screen shot of your Portal Admin > Settings > "Custom Settings" page
    (2) a screen shot from Portal Admin > Apps showing the path of one of your apps that use the custom path from Settings.
    (3) a screen shot or copy of your Apache instance configuration (i.e., the httpd.conf file on the ifs at /www/valence41/conf)

Comment

Robert,

Thanks for your response! I cannot seem to locate, within the portal admin settings page, where the custom settings are being displayed. That indeed may be the problem to begin with?

Comment

To see the custom settings you need to have "Show Custom Settings" checked in the "Portal Administration" section of Portal Admin > Settings. Once you check it and hit Save, the custom settings should show at the bottom.

Comment

My problem was I did not migrate from 3.1 to 4.1. I went ahead and downloaded 3.2, migrated from 3.1 to 3.2, then migrated the 3.2 instances to 4.1. I am now getting "more expected" results but they are not the same errors. I read through the Valence 4.1 API and Guides (the Migrating from 3.2 section) and realized that not only have to change the front end html files, copy the ExtJS 4.0.7 folder into the new folder, but also recompile backend RPG programs. This means I will also need to create a new set of libraries (something that will be frowned upon here...but not from me) so that we can run dual applications while we migrate.

As of right now, the original thread has been answered.

Comment

Working...
          X