• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED]Environment Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED]Environment Indicator

In 3.2 we had a place in the header that showed the current environment. Is this easily done in 4.1? Without clicking through the menu at the top right?

Thanks,
    Chris

Hi Chris - this could likely be accomplished through the "Hook.js" file. Where exactly would you prefer to see the environment?

Comment

In the top corner next to the username would be ideal.

Comment

That would occupy the space for the tabs (of apps) though.

Comment

Ok, I'm open to suggestions. Somewhere so that it's on screen no matter if you're at the menu, or in an app. It should always be visible. In the same box of the username would be fine even.

Comment

Chris - how important is it at your site to see the user name in the top of the portal, as it does currently? I ask because squeezing the environment name into the same area as the user name would be challenging given the limited space, as we're trying to maximize space available for app tabs.

Here's a thought: What if the environment name, or at least the first word or two of it, could be shown in the top bar instead of the user name as an option? Then the user name could be shown in the drop-down when needed. Would that work better for you?

Comment

I think that could work for us. I'd like to see both, but if I had to choose, we would go with environment.

Thanks,
              Chris

Comment

I just spoke to Jim. Is there any way we can put it where the Valence logo is in the top left corner?

Thanks,
                Chris

Comment

The logic for optionally placing the environment name in the upper right is already completed and queued up for the 4.1 maintenance release coming out shortly. So my suggestion would be to wait and see how that works. If you feel further changes are needed perhaps they can be accommodated through Hook.js.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X