• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJAX Proxy Action name length passed to RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJAX Proxy Action name length passed to RPG

Hi All,

Just started working on some prototyping apps for my company and ran across something that I couldn't find an answer for in the documentation or on the forum. The problem I was running into is that I attempted to pass an action name that was 21 characters. Because the action variable in the RPG program is set to 20, it failed.

Is the 20 character a set limit or can that variable be changed to say 25 or 30? I was trying to use the action name of 'getStreetDirectionals', which happens to be 21. For now I just shortened it to getStreetDirs, but just thought I would ask the question.

Thanks,
    Tim

Hi Tim,

The size definition of the action variable is defined in your RPG application that you are calling from the front-end. You can simply just change the size and recompile your RPG program. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks

Comment

It does. Thanks. I just wasn't sure if you guys had picked 20 because it seemed like a good number or if there was a limitation. Sounds like you guys picked it because it sounded like a good number. :)

Comment

Working...
      X