• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] Migration 3.2 - 4.0 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] Migration 3.2 - 4.0 Problem

I ran the migration program (VVCNV40). After it finished and I logged in, I only get a blank screen. (see attached) Thanks.
    Capture.JPG

Please check the contents of the VVERRLOG file in VALENCE40 to see if something failed to migrate.

Comment

Not sure I'm looking in the right place, but this is what I see in that file.

Capture.jpg

Comment

Those "Migrate Data" records likely contain error info pertinent to your migration issue. You should call up the VVERRLOG file in an editor that can show the contents, like Nitro File Editor, so we can see what's in the other columns (specifically, VVMSGTXT and VVHLPTXT).

Comment

Ok, I there are several errors:

Capture.jpg

Comment

I can barely read the text in your attachment but it does appear there are some unusual data issues in your VALENCE40 environment. I think we're going to need to arrange an on-line meeting to look at what's going on there. I will send you an email to arrange a time.

Comment

Ran into something else trying to get our old stuff up and running. Some of our programs use popup windows that call other valence programs. Example:

var newWindow = window.open('vvcall.pgm?app=1155&pgm=vvinit&sid=' + sid + '&vendornumber=' + Ext.getCmp('newVendor').getValue(), 'tabID1155',
              'height=500, width=900, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes, toolbar=no, menubar=no, top=200, left=250, location=no, statusbar=no');

I'm getting this error:
              Uncaught ReferenceError: sid is not defined

Is this one of the changes from 3 to 4? (There are so many!!!)

Comment

Try using sessionStorage.sid instead of sid. If that does the trick I'll be sure that gets added that to the 3.2-to-4.0 migration guide.

-Rob

Comment

Thanks. That gets my popup working, but when it does, I now get an error:
                  Not Found - The requested URL /desktop/apps/autocode/vvcall.pgm was not found on this server.

Capture.JPG

Comment

It's a relative path thing at play. Try changing your path to /valence/vvcall.pgm.

Comment

Working...
                    X