• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] Valence 4.0 & ExtJS 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] Valence 4.0 & ExtJS 5.0

Has anyone tried to get a Valance 4.0 app running under the new ExtJS 5.0 framework?

I put together a pretty simple test grid app which calls an RPG program via ajax using '/valance/vvcall.pgm' to load the grid's store. But when i call the app from the Valance portal i'm getting error:

Security violation: no session ID
    User attempted to perform server action without passing a session id (sid). IP address of device is 128.1.11.180. Posted data is as follows: _dc=1408390066241&pgm=WARUT120&action=getTerms&pag e=1&start=0&limit=25

It appears that the "sid" is not being automatically included in the ajax call - which i confirmed by checking the network traffic in the Chrome developer tools. (The sid is not being set).

In looking at the difference between ExtJS 4.2 & 5.0 I can see that the "extraParams" parameter has been moved into the config element of the Ext.data.Connection class but the valance.js file (in Valance-4.0/resources) is still accessing "extraParams" as if it were a class/global variable.

So I guess my question is; CNX, do you have a version of valance.js available for ExtJS 5.0 or should i just patch it myself?
    Or maybe a more applicable question would be; CNX, do you have a date when Valance will fully support ExtJS 5.0?

Thanks...

We are currently in the process of testing changes related to Ext JS 5.0 compatibility in Valence. We do not promise specific dates, but it will probably be soon, like within the next few weeks.

Comment

Richard, thanks for the reply -- i'll keep an eye out for the ExtJS 5.0 support.
      By the way I just read your article on Sencha's Blog, great stuff, looking forward to the next 2 parts.

Comment

Richard, back on Aug 18 you mentioned that CNX was "currently in the process of testing changes related to Ext JS 5.0 compatibility in Valence" and that you would likely have it available in a "few weeks".

I was just wondering what the status of Valence Ext JS 5.0 support was?

Comment

Full Ext JS 5.0 support has been deferred to Valence Framework 4.1, which will be announced soon. However, if you'd like to start using Ext JS 5.0 with Valence Framework 4.0 we can get you a version of valence.js which should work. We will contact you off-forum.

Comment

Working...
          X