• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Example Valence App using Sencha Architect 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example Valence App using Sencha Architect 3

Hi,

I have followed your video tutorial "Building Your First Valence App with Sencha Architect 3" up to minute 6:43 but it doesnot work. When i run the app from the Valence portal the html text is not shown. Note. If have as build the load all grid example and it does return data from within Sencha Architect however again not from within the Valence portal.
    Hope you can help me out.
    Thanks.

After a call with tech support we concluded the problem was that the view name defined in the Application level did not match the only view name in the project. Specifically, Application showed a "Main" view, yet the only view in the app was "Viewport". Switching it from "Main" to "Viewport" resolved the problem.

Comment

Hi,
      I seem to be having the same problem with that video. I tried renaming the Main view to Viewport bu i still get the highlighted red ! that gives me 569: Session Exception when i clock on it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Bill

Comment

Details behind the 569 error should be logged in the error log. Check the "Errors" app. Might be a problem with your developer token setup.

Comment

Thanks. Here are the errors in the log:
          1) Ruby is required by build tools , and theming : Not Installed
          2) Apache Ant is required for Android builds : Not Installed
          Those are the only errors, nothing new pops up after the 569:Session Exception error when i click on the red !

Comment

Was on the phone with billb today to work this out. The 569 error was coming from no ip address specified on the devtoken. When entering an ip address be sure to click the plus button to add it to the list before clicking Save.

Also we installed Ruby just by clicking the link in Sencha Architect. On the Ruby installer there are three checkboxes, you want to click the 2nd and 3rd checkbox. Ant isn't really required unless you are doing native Android builds, which would be a rare thing for Valence developers to need.

Comment

Working...
            X