• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] Architect Cannot place Functions, Variables in an Objects Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] Architect Cannot place Functions, Variables in an Objects Config

I have ran into this several times and have been able to find a workaround...but for this project I am stumped. I am creating a scatter chart which works great. I love this new feature. My problem is I want to have a tip show up when i hover over a dot on the chart. In Architect I go to the Series properties configs and find the tip config. I then need to add a renderer so the tip will be correct for each dot. It will not allow me to add a renderer function, Or a variable for that matter...... It always converts it to a string. What am I missing? As I said its not just for creating a tooltip... architect seems to always convert a variable or function to a string anywhere. Thanks for any insight.

Hi Ryan,

You want to update the tips config not tip on the series which is an object. That object would contain the renderer.

Example of the tips config value :
    Code:
    tips: {
        trackMouse : true,
        width      : 140,
        height     : 28,
        renderer   : function(storeItem, item) {
            this.setTitle(storeItem.get('name') + ': ' + storeItem.get('data1'));
        }
    }

Comment

I have entered the configs as you suggested but you can see my screen shot i have included. It converts the function to a string.
      scatter.JPG
      Is this normal. I need it to be a function not a string. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I believe I have it figured out now... you have to start and end your configs in Architect with { }. Didn't realize you had to add those.scatters1.JPG
        see attached image...this was a little misleading. thanks for your time Johnny.

Comment

Yep, needs to be the object. Great!

Comment

Working...
          X