• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] How to Use my ComboBox extension in Architect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] How to Use my ComboBox extension in Architect?

I have created an extension to ComboBox and trying to figure out how to add it to my project in Architect. If I manually edit the myWindow.js file to add an item to my form like

Ext.create('SalesLeads.shared.States', {
    fieldLabel: 'Foo'
    })

then everything works like I want. This tells me I have created the extension correctly.

Do I have to create a user extension to be able to use this within Architect?
    I have tried adding a ComboBox and changing 'CreateAlias' to 'SalesLeads.shared.States', this creates the item like

{
    xtype: 'SalesLeads.shared.States',
    fieldLabel: 'Label'
    }

Although this doesn't give me any errors on the console it doesn't display any combo box at all.

I did find the instructions for creating User Extensions to Architect but was trying to determine if that is necessary or if there was a simpler way that I am missing. Once I get this part worked out then I can move my extension to a shared directory outside of any particular project.

Thanks,

Scott

If the name of your app is SalesLeads and the combo box just exists within the shared folder within that app it should be as simple as putting a "requires" on the view class in which you are putting the combo box. If it's outside of your app then you will need to add a path to the loader config at the Application level. If you describe the app structure a little more I can help you further. You don't need to do anything complicated with user extensions.

Comment

Right now the combo box is within the app I am working on but ultimately I would like outside so it can be used in other apps. I was having difficulty getting it all tied together when outside the app so I simplified in order to try and get it figured out.

What I would really like to do is this:

My apps are in a folder '/davisapps/apps' so the SalesLeads app is in '/davisapps/apps/SalesLeads'. I would like to put my reusable components under a folder '/davisapps/shared'.

In my reusable combo box I it currently has the below, I assume I need to change the part in define also to match where this resides?

Ext.define('SalesLeads.shared.States', {
      extend: 'Ext.form.field.ComboBox',.............

Comment

Here are some examples where I set paths with the loader and referenced objects. You need to set the alias if you want to reference your component with the xtype.

In an App file:

Ext.Loader.setConfig({
        enabled: true,
        disableCaching: false,
        paths : {
        'MyControls.ux' : '/valence/apps/resources/controls'
        }
        });
        http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#...thod-setConfig

Component File:

Ext.define('MyControls.ux.YNCheckbox', {
        extend: 'Ext.form.field.Checkbox',
        alias: 'widget.yncheckbox',
        http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#...lass-cfg-alias

In use:

{
        xtype : 'yncheckbox'
        }

Comment

I am so close but only get a line instead of my combo box and no errors in the console.

My App file:
          Code:
          Ext.Loader.setConfig({
              disableCaching: false,
              enabled: true,
              paths: {
                  'davisapps.shared': '/davisapps/shared'
              }
          });
          My component:
          Code:
          Ext.define('davisapps.shared.States', {
              extend: 'Ext.form.Field.ComboBox',
              alias: ['widget.States'],
          And the combo box on my form:
          Code:
                                  {
                                      xtype: 'States',
                                      fieldLabel: 'Label'
                                  }

Comment

Use a lowercase f in field for 'Ext.form.Field.ComboBox' in your extends

Comment

Thank you so much, that fixed it for me. The sad part is that I had two copies of this extension, the one outside my app that I really wanted and one inside my app for trying to make it work. I fixed that 'f' in the one inside my app Friday but never changed the one outside my app, I had forgot that. Lesson learned.

Again, thank you very much for your help!!!

Comment

Working...
              X