• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] max returned data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] max returned data?

Hi, I have a problem, I don't see information about this on DOCs,

I need create a grid wit a lot of data from database, but I have a big problem, (its information about sales) if I execute without date filter (all days, or many days) this grid don't write data, all information is blank

but if I put filter with 10-15 days, the information it's correctly.

My question is If valence (or ExtJS) has maximum returned data?

Thanks, Ivan.

There are maximums, quite large though. Have you looked at paging grid examples in Valence?

Comment

Originally posted by eweiler View Post
      There are maximums, quite large though. Have you looked at paging grid examples in Valence?
      yes, the paging is an option, but I prefer show all types , on this case.

what is the maximun?

Thanks.

Comment

The maximum output from VVOUT is 16776704 bytes (16MB). But it would be unadvisable to output anything anywhere near that amount, as you're going to overwhelm the browser with a ton of data. If you attempt to send output that is too large, you should see an error message in the "Errors" app. But more than likely what you're seeing is a timeout on the front-end as it waits for the data to be sent from the IBM i -- the default is 30 seconds.
        Last edited by sean.lanktree; 04-24-2014, 09:52 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

The maximum amount of data should never be an issue because you should never come close to sending it. How many rows are you attempting to send at once? Are you sure that the call is not timing out due to the large amount of data being sent back?

Comment

EDIT6:
            SOLVED

Intern bug, we have a data with null or peculiar caracter or null or I don't know, but when I skip this row, works correclty.

thanks for all.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Originally posted by robert.swanson View Post
            The maximum output from VVOUT is 16776704 bytes (16MB). But it would be unadvisable to output anything anywhere near that amount, as you're going to overwhelm the browser with a ton of data. If you attempt to send output that is too large, you should see an error message in the "Errors" app. But more than likely what you're seeing is a timeout on the front-end as it waits for the data to be sent from the IBM i -- the default is 30 seconds.
            Originally posted by sean.lanktree View Post
            The maximum amount of data should never be an issue because you should never come close to sending it. How many rows are you attempting to send at once? Are you sure that the call is not timing out due to the large amount of data being sent back?

thanks both.

I try to send +/-3500 rows with 7 fields each.
            with 1000 rows works correctly

edit: this is not the Fail.

I need search other solution....

edit2:

when I execute test RPG Call don't write the results. *edit5: but not correctly, more info on edit 5.. XD
            *Image deleted
            Tab raw response works correctly (show results)

If I execute a client with less sales (1600), the program works correctly.

edit 3:
            I'm copied info on raw response tab to file.json and doesn't work. <- fail because the records are correcticly ()

maybe fail default configuration or another.

show thousands rows in very important for us.

edit4:
            I'm searching fail with firebug and firebug doesn't show fail, but shows more information.

-doesn't build Json
            *image deleted

Any Idea?

ah, and I use Sencha Architect to develop.

Thanks.

edit5 (...): testing program i see that don't return all json, pe, on record 1200 only show 2 data (of 7), and stop here.
            Last edited by ElectNewt; 04-25-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

ElectNewt,

Just want to verify that your issue is solved.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X