• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] IBM i Access for Web on AS400 V5R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] IBM i Access for Web on AS400 V5R4

IBM i Access for Web running on AS400 V5R4

Do they nedd OSECOFR to create VV5250?

Thx

QSECOFR is not required to create the server instance. Just a profile with the proper authority for creating HTTP instances.

However, the process for setting up IBM i Access for Web on V5R4 is different than the process on V6R1/V7R1. We will be updating the 5250 guide with special V5R4 instructions soon.

Comment

Originally posted by robert.swanson View Post
      QSECOFR is not required to create the server instance. Just a profile with the proper authority for creating HTTP instances.

However, the process for setting up IBM i Access for Web on V5R4 is different than the process on V6R1/V7R1. We will be updating the 5250 guide with special V5R4 instructions soon.
      OK.... I'm waiting for the instruction for 5250 guide with special V5R4
      Thx

Comment

The documentation has been updated for 5.4. Please be sure you're on the latest Valence 4 build before running.

Comment

Thx...
          I'll try it, and let you know ...
          thx again

Comment

vv5250

Hi.. Finally vv5250 running smooth ... from http://192.168.xx.xxx:2020/webaccess/iWA5250

if i run from valence : i Error 404: Error reported: 404 message :*

can i do adjust the screen for vv5250 just showing the green screen ... and hide the other stuff...
            i upload the pic vv5250 that i like to show on the browser.

can give me the clue,

Thx
            Attached Files
            Last edited by eddytjhin; 08-06-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

You're seeing all the extra elements because you're running with the default configuration from IBM i Access for Web. If you use one of the 5250 configurations shipped with Valence (i.e., by launching a 5250 app within the Valence Portal) then most of the extraneous stuff is omitted.

The screen elements users see are controlled by the IBM i Access for Web config file associated with the session. The configuration that Valence 5250 Apps use by default is called "green_on_white" and is stored in /valence-4.0/resources/webaccess/green_on_white.properties. This config file is copied into the IBM i user's dedicated IFS directory for IBM i Access for Web (i.e., /QIBM/UserData/Access/Web2/intappsvr/vv5250/users/[your_user_id]/e5250) whenever they launch a 5250 app through Valence.

You can create your own .properties file in the IBM i Access for Web page by clicking on the "Configured Session" link and then using the "Configure new session" drop-down option. Or you can edit the Valence one, assuming it has been copied into your respective QIBM/... directory. Be sure to copy the file back to the valence-4.0 path specified above after the changes are made and saved so it will apply to all users.

Comment

Working...
              X