• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] UPDATE 20120431 : Library VALENCE on Iseries still needed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] UPDATE 20120431 : Library VALENCE on Iseries still needed ?

Hi,

yesterday, i performed the update 2012 04 31 on Valence31 and noticed that a new library 'VALENCE' has been created.

Can i remove this library : (i assume yes ?)

it contains :

Object Type Attrib
    VALENCE0 *FILE SAVF
    VVUPDATEA *FILE SAVF
    VVUPDATEB *FILE SAVF
    VVUPDATEC *FILE SAVF
    VVUPDATED *FILE SAVF

also the VALENCE31 library contains 2 savf's i assume these can also be removed without any problems?

VVUPDIFS *FILE SAVF
    VVUPDLIB *FILE SAVF

and how or where can check or verify the version i have on my system ?

Thx
    Thierry

You can delete the VALENCE library only if you do not use Instance Manager to manage multiple instances of Valence on your system. That's because if you run an update on an instance other than the base instance, the Instance Manager looks for those update savefiles in library VALENCE and extracts all the updated source and objects from there. I would leave the library there unless you are seriously short on disk space.

You can delete the VVUPDIFS and VVUPDLIB savefiles from VALENCE31 library. Those were used in a previous update process that is no longer used.

To check your latest version just log into the portal and click your user profile button in the upper right corner and then click About. The About page will show and will contain the full version number. If the version number is not what you expect then right click the About page and choose Reload Frame to force a refresh and to make sure the page isn't coming from cache. You can also check the version by going into Navigation-->Administration-->Instance Manager.

Comment

Working...
    X