• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Valence 3.1 Apps Not Showing Up Correctly In Navigation Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Valence 3.1 Apps Not Showing Up Correctly In Navigation Tree

I think there may be a x-ref issue happening on my specific instance of Valence 3.1. I clearly see an app record that I created use the App application. It's an HTML file that I created with some sample ExtJS code I found. I grant access to the app to the entire list of groups. I click save. I go into the navigation tree that I default to and I click and drag the app into that tree. I click save. I log out, then log back in. The app that is in my navigation tree is the spreadsheet download application provided in the examples. The app I just created is no where to be found in my navigation tree. When I go back into the administration options, and select navigation trees, I see my app sitting there in the root folder of the navigation tree.

I've cleared everything in my browser cache (Chrome) and restarted the HTTP server.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by rkanemeier; 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM.

Just created another navigation tree. I added my new app to the tree (nothing else is on the tree) and it still shows the spreadsheet download. When I click on the spreadsheet download app, it shows all of the javascript (no page is actually rendered). Figured out why it was all javascript. Still having the issue of the spreadsheet download app appearing in the navigation tree.
    Last edited by rkanemeier; 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Is it possible the name is wrong because you copied the app and didn't modify the translations?

Is the text you see in the browser from your html file or is it from the spreadsheet example?

EDIT: Usually means your js isn't in a script tag.

Comment

robert,

thanks for your response. at the app level, i granted access to every group listed. at the group level, i made sure all users had access to the group. i then went into the user profile to make sure they were using the appropriate navigation tree. I then went into the navigation tree to ensure that the app i put on the tree was still there (and it was with the correct name).

eweiler,

thanks for your response. the html/js was from my own file. somehow the navigation text says it's the spreadsheet download app. you are correct in that I copied the app. i don't remember modifying the "translations" in the app. in fact, when I go to copy an app now, there is no "translations" tab or option.

i finally just decided to delete the app that originally created and it got rid of the problem. i do remember this happening though. I originally did not specify the "tool tip on navigation tree" text. I couldn't find it on my navigation tree so i went back in to make sure the authority was granted to all of the groups at the app level. I noticed the text was missing so I supplied it. I cannot seem to replicate the issue though. /shrug sorry for the false alarm.

Comment

Working...
        X