• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Odd Forum Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Odd Forum Behavior

I tried logging in this morning and received several error messages. Then I had to go about a weird way to navigate to the forum views. I finally made it here but at first could only see 2 posts. Will the community support forums be changing?

I think I have figured it out. I don't have access to my "home page". Here is a screenshot of what I see when I log in. All I needed to do was click on FORUM up at the top and I made it to the forums view I was used to seeing. This probably has something to do with not being a licensed member yet.

LoginPage.jpg

Comment

Thanks for posting! We recently updated the forum so the look and feel is a bit different. I'll look into the home page and putting up some info about Valence or removing it. You may be able to go into your user settings to set your default forum tab.

Comment

The forum software was upgraded last night. The web guys are tweaking it right not so it might be a little quirky today as they work out some problems.

Comment

hi all,

the Forum should be defaulting the original list like it used to now. We've disabled the "home" tab for now (a new feature)

Comment

I noticed a significant drop in the number of forum users, same as last year.
            Has this something to do as well with the forum upgrade or is this the result of a regular cleanup of users with no activity?

Comment

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I'm sure it's because of the forum software upgrade. We normally inactivate users who are not posting on the forum. In the old software they were probably still listed in the count, in the new software the total is probably just the number of active users. Actual activity on the forum is higher than ever but many users just "view" posts and are too shy to post.

Comment

I noticed another error since the new Forum software upgrade.

In the Statistics section the last member name isn't mentioned anymore:
                Welcome to our newest member, ??????????

Or is this intentionally?

Comment

Certainly not intentional. It may have been showing that way because we had declined membership to someone who was clearly a spammer.

We just approved a new one today and it appears to be showing the member's name now.

We'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X