• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Open IFS Document App Not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Open IFS Document App Not Working?

Hi,

I want an app in the nav tree to open a PDF I have on the IFS. I copied the "Open PDF to Tab" example app to a new app and set the full path to point to the PDF that is stored in a directory on the IFS (outside of the Valence instance directory). When I try to use it, however, I'm getting an "Internal Sever Error" message in the browser and a "Client denied by server configuration: /valencext1/favicon.ico" message in the server log.

Of course, the first thought is that I probably don't have the right directive specified in my config file, but I do. I know the directive is written properly because I'm opening the same PDF (using the same path) with a toolbar button using window.open() in another application, which works successfully.

So if the path in the window.open function and the Document field in the app settings are the same, what am I missing?

My directive:
    Code:
    Alias /distRpts  /home/hostreports/Distributor_Orders/Web
    <Directory /home/hostreports/Distributor_Orders/Web>     
       Order Allow,Deny                                      
       allow from all                                        
    </Directory>
    My window.open() code:
    Code:
    var filepath = "/distRpts/DistributorOnlineOrderingGuide.pdf";
    var my_help_window = window.open(filepath, myHelpWindow, "status=1,width=750,height=750");
    My app Document field setting:
    Code:
    /distRpts/DistributorOnlineOrderingGuide.pdf
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Your document path in the Valence Portal Apps record should be the full ifs path, not the path from the perspective of the Apache server. That's because when you click the navigation selection in the portal, an RPG program goes out to the ifs and gets the pdf file and streams it back to the browser in the tab. So what your saying in the App record is where the RPG program should get the file.

Comment

Ok, thanks Richard, I knew I had to be doing something wrong! I'll give that a shot.

Eva

Comment

Update...
        That did the trick!
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X