• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] Grouping Multiple Columns In A Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] Grouping Multiple Columns In A Grid

Is the Jaffa ExtJS extension the only way to have multiple groups in a grid?

Also, if I wanted to add this extension in Valence, what folder do I put it in/under? I see that I need to download the following js files"

js/extjs/ux/grid/MultiGroupingStore.js
    js/extjs/ux/grid/MultiGroupingView.js
    js/extjs/ux/grid/MultiGroupingPanel.js

I assume I can put these anywhere under the Valence folder as long as I qualify the path when I include the script statement for each js file? Has anyone used this or come up with a different/solution?

While I am still interested in a response to the above question, I can see another solution presenting itself in using a Tree as a multiple group drill down. Then the final level would be a "record" in which they can click on and open up a window/form where they could change the data. I may go that route. I was hoping to tap into a feature that would allow me to calculate totals based on the group.

Comment

No takers? ;-)

Comment

Assuming that you doing your development outside of the valence folder, I would create a new folder within your development directory. For example, if your development folder is "/myDevelopment"....I would create the path "/myDevelopment/ux" and place the files within it.

How you reference these files in your app depends on how you have your apache configuration.

Did you open up a new folder path in the apache config file for your development or are you working within the valence folder?

Comment

Working...
        X