• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Email from Valence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Email from Valence

Hi...
    i like to ask, if I use vvmail in valence
    Do you think, i Have to setting my AS400 or
    i just can use it straight away?
    If i need to set my As400, How can i do it?

How to add Attachment to the Form?

Thx
    Last edited by eddytjhin; 03-16-2012, 03:47 AM.

You need java installed. In the Valence Version History section of the forum for version 3.0, it lists requirements for email capabilities:
    ----
    If you would like to use the PDF and/or Email capabilities of Valence then you need 5722JV1 *BASE and option 6, Java Developer Kit 1.4. This is installed on most systems by default. After installing this version of Valence, just try to run the PDF and email examples. If they work then you know for certain your system has the correct configuration. Note that even though Java is required, you do not need to know or use Java to develop PDFs or send emails with Valence. You will use the Valence RPG Toolkit procedures, which use certain Java functions behind the scenes.
    ----
    For attachments, the vvMAIL data structure has a field called 'attachment' where you provide the name of files in the IFS to send. If you need to get the attachment from the client, you could use vvUpload to first upload the attachment to the IFS and then specify the path/filename of the uploaded file in the vvMail attachment field.

Comment

Working...
    X