• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aptana Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aptana Error

Went through Aptana install yesterday via Software Updates in Eclipse Classic (I don't have RDi). The process went seemingly alright, however at the end there was an error window - see attached.

Workspace log exhibits a bunch of errors coinciding with installation time. Install log seems OK - see attached.

At this point, I can only think of rolling back via Help=>Software Updates=>Manage Configuration=>Revert to Previous - and then trying my luck once more.

Your thoughts/recommendations?
    Attached Files

I would recommend using the Nitro Editor that is packaged with 3.0.

Comment

Sean, I knew such would be your recommendation. :)

Unfortunately, I am not ready for Enterprise license yet...

Comment

I've never seen that specific error message before. The only thing I can think of to tell you it to uninstall everything and try it all over again. We recommend the RDP/Apatana setup for those that can't use Nitro. We have no experience using Eclipse Classic/Aptana, although theoretically it should work. Since those are not our products we can't really offer much support, but hopefully you'll be able to get it working or maybe someone out there in the Valence community who has this same setup can offer some help.

Comment

Think I was finally able to get this right, so I am posting my experience here for the benefit of those members of this community who, for whatever reason, feel like having Aptana for now.

It appears that the instructions for getting Aptana plug-in as laid out in the current Valence manual (http://www.cnxcorp.com/downloads/pdf...emanual3-0.pdf, Appendix 1.2) may be a little out of sync for Eclipse versions 3.5+. Granted, it's Eclipse SDK 3.7.1 for me, and I am not sure which version of Eclipse RDi/RDP is currently built upon, so I would be interested in the feedback from the members having RDi/RDP in their possession.

Anyway, this Aptana download site (http://aptana.org/downloads/start) lists a different update site as well as different set of instructions for Eclipse plug-in installation. After I re-installed Eclipse and followed the instructions from that site, Aptana Studio made itself visible upon the Eclipse restart.

Comment

Working...
          X