• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No DOWNLOAD designation for vvAppType=*DOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No DOWNLOAD designation for vvAppType=*DOC

Hi CNX,

It came to my attention that Apps Edit Form (file App.form.EditForm) fails to designate and process item VVMETHOD. I think that having such field on the form and keeping it shown would be essential for vvAppType=*DOC ("Get an IFS Document" choice for whenAppIsSelected label).

What happened in my test was when I created a new app by copying an existing "Download Excel File" example, the system apparently expected the value for vvMethod

(line post_Method = vvIn_char('VVMETHOD') in procedure SaveApp)

but ended up leaving it blank.

Then, when I invoked the app from the Navigation Tree, the pop-up window looked like figure 1 in attached - no name recognition for the downloaded file as well as failure to recognize its format (should be MS Word). According to my analysis, this happens because the following clause is skipped from processing by procedure vvOut_file:

if downloadIt;
    if vvOut.file=*blanks;
    vvOut.file='UNDEFINED';
    endif;
    contentDisp='Content-Disposition: attachment; '+
    'filename='+DQ+%trim(vvOut.file)+DQ+LF;
    vvOut_data(contentDisp);
    endif;

My fix was to DBU the value of 'DOWNLOAD' into field vvMethod for the record with the appropriate App Id in file vvamq100. Invoked the app then, and the pop-up window was correct (figure 2 in attached).

I notice that the aforementioned download app from Examples does have the DOWNLOAD in its corresponding vvamq100 record. Is the lack of corresponding item in EditForm.js intentional or oversight?
    Attached Files

This is definitely an oversight. We'll have this fixed in the next maintenance release. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Working...
    X