• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nav Tree and Folder Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Tree and Folder Problem

Hello,

Im trying to add a folder into the examples section of code. Inside the folder I have also created an app.

In the nav tree maintenance, everything displays properly. All the apps ae in the correct folder. But when I go to display the examples folder it doesnt show up. Not only that but, the development folder has gone away. And the apps that were in the development folder are now in the examples folder.

I need some help with. Please answer. What do I do?

Did you assign your app to a group (specifically, a group that your user belongs to)?

In the actual nav tree (not nav tree maintenance), a folder will not show for a user unless at least one app in the folder is assigned to a group the user belongs to.

Comment

WHEW !!! That did it ...

thanx man

Ive got a new error. Im trying to use the IBM signon and it's telling me that the user id is invalid. But it is. I use everyday.

What user id is it looking for? How can I change it back? I cant get into the system
      Last edited by davisty; 09-16-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

To log in with an IBM i user profile you must have done two things:
        (1) Create an IBM i user as a Valence user in "Users" administration app (meaning, add a user with a Valence user ID that matches what you use to log in to the IBM i)
        (2) Change the login method in the "Settings" app to "IBM i" then restart the Valence server instance.
        Last edited by robert.swanson; 09-16-2011, 03:31 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

How do I get back in? Is there some change to a file or something?

Why do I have to create a IBM user? It's already got one.

Comment

A user that logs into the IBM i green screen doesn't automatically get a Valence profile. Valence maintains its own separate database of user profiles, each with its own unique group membership so you can control how their navtree looks. Therefore you must individually add each IBM i user that you want to have access to the Valence Portal.

If you switched the Valence Settings to the "IBM i" login method before creating at least one Valence user ID that matches an IBM i user ID, then you have no valid user to log in to Valence with. So you must force Valence back into Valence login mode. To do that, use a file editor like DBU or DFU (or SQL) to edit the VVVSQ100 file. Find the record where VVNAME="LOGIN_METHOD" and change VVVALUE from "SYSTEM I" to "VALENCE". Then restart the server instance (with VALENCE30 in your lib list, you can simply use the VVSTART command).

When that's done, log back in with VVADMIN and create at least one Valence user that matches an IBM i user ID. Be sure that user has authority to the administration group so you can use it to create other users. Then you can switch the Valence Settings back to the "IBM i" login method.

Comment

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
              X