• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vvusers01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vvusers01

I had a slight challenge setting up a new user with a cross-reference IBM i user ID in Valence (I was using a Valence shipped profile vvadmin for logon session). When I hit Save, the screen grayed out briefly but then retrurned with no confirmation or error on it. It took me some debugging to figure that VVUSERS01 program when called from VVUSERS as an external procedure for security data validation, was secured with *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE thus ruling out a successful call to it by anyone but QSECOFR. My workaround was temporarily granting *USE to *PUBLIC for VVUSERS01, then adding a new user to Valence with IBM i reference and significant authority level, adding that user to object authority for VVUSERS01, reverting to *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE for VVUSERS01 and starting to use that new profile for all administration operations in Valence. I am wondering if anyone else experienced the same initial hiccup as I did. Perhaps, it would help to add a tip for that initial scenario to Valence manual?

VVUSERS01 runs under *OWNER authority so no matter who runs the object it will run under the authority of the owner. The owner of the object will be QSECOFR by default, or may be changed at installation to the profile that is installing the software. What user profile did you use to install Valence?

Comment

OK, it makes sense now. I did not realize that the "*SECPGM" objects are created under *OWNER profile by Valence. I did the install using my own profile rather than QSECOFR, the owner of the Valence objects is my own profile.

Comment

Now I am a bit but confused. Ran the Valence 3.0 installation at work (there had been a beta there, my initial post concerned the idevcloud installation), and got the same error trying to add a profile to Valence. Granted, I did not use QSECOFR during installation but the object ownership seems consistent now with the requirement - see attached. This must not be a big deal since the workaround is obviously there but I would still be wondering why this happens.
        Attached Files

Comment

I will run some install tests through various scenarios to see if I can figure this out.

Comment

Working...
          X