• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation Tree Disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Tree Disappears

I see no navigation tree in my session. Where should I look to get it restored?
    Attached Files

Just to clarify my issue since I see another related issue moved up to this forum.

My installation is an original one in that I did not convert from earlier Valence 2.2 installation. Also, the content of files mentioned in that thread looks seemingly normal in my system. I'll continue to research on my own but will appreciate any input from this forum.

Comment

It looks like I'm in indefinite loop calling vvvport program. Will continue digging in...
      Attached Files

Comment

Alright, looks like I'm on the right track now. Looking further down the file list, the file VVAUM100 lacked the entry for User ID I used at logon (Object Type=G, ObjID=1, AuthMode=E for AuthorizedUserID=6) - see attached. Got the Nav Tree back after I added that entry and logged back onto Valence. Still not sure what might have caused the removal of that record in the first place...
        Attached Files

Comment

Indeed that's puzzling - the only way I know of for an authority record to be deleted would be through one of the admin programs.

We're working on a simple utility that will provide feedback as to why a particular user is not getting a nav tree or is having other irregularities logging in. This utility should be included in the next maintenance release.

Comment

Working...
          X