• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Additional Login Permitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Additional Login Permitted

Hi,

I tried to use a shortcut method to log in to Valence (http://<ip>valence/vvlogin.pgm/display=desktop&user-...). Perhaps, I mistyped something but that's a different story. What I ended up with was a Valence signon page but when I tried to sign on, the message stated that "This user is already logged in 1 time(s). No additional logins are permitted".

I attempted to restart the server, clear cashe and delete cookies, all to no avail, meaning that the message still persists at logon. If I get this right, VVCALL would not have been invoked at that point, so this must not be something originated from the back-end files either.

Unfortunately, i've used up the only two profiles this way whose passwords I remember, so I'm seemingly hitting the dead end right now :)

This is my Valence installation at work, and it's still a beta version here (not final).

What could I do to get at least one profile back?

The records in VVSESS are what determine how many logins a user currently has active. These records get cleaned up when the user logs out or when the session times out. Maybe try clearing the records with your login name.

Comment

Should I just clear the record(s) or delete them?

Comment

You can just shut down the server instance, do a CLRPFM VALENCE30/VVSESS and then restart the server instance and you should be back in business. I think you may also have a syntax error in your url. It should be like this:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7030/valence/...ssword=vvadmin

Look this over carefully and make sure you get the question mark and ampersands in the correct spots.

Comment

Just a quick note:

We think VVSESS should be cleared everytime you end the HTTP instance. The records are only deleted after a normal log off. If the browser ends abnormally, the records remain. Leaving the records can also prevent you from deleting the User, which is how we discovered the problem.

Comment

Actually the VVSESS records remain in the file like that intentionally. We often do a manual restart of the server instance (i.e., in non-development environments) in order to ensure back-end changes take effect, etc. This restart happens often without users even knowing about it because their session records are retained. If we were to clear the VVSESS every time we ended the HTTP instance then every user would lose whatever they're working on and be forced to log back in again.

When a user abnormally exits the session, such as when they close the browser before properly logging off, the session records in VVSESS will remain there until the timeout period (specified in Settings) is reached. The expired session records are purged the next time someone logs in.

Comment

Working...
            X