• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQL to JSON with null value fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL to JSON with null value fields

I am getting different results when i run a SQL statement from a simple test program (via Test RPG Call) and when using the same statement in a (modified) AutoCode grid inquiry program.

One of the fields used to join with another table has a null value.
    The simple program returns all records but the grid inquiry program stops when it encounters the record with the null value field and displays only the first 2 records.

This makes me think of the SQL to JSON issue i had and we discussed in a confcall last month.

I have attached the source code of the simple program.

(we use Valence version 3.0.20110527.0).
    Attached Files

In your "autocode" program, is there an "sql set options" statement? If so, what is it?

Comment

Yes, it is "set option srtseq=*langidshr,datfmt=*iso,closqlcsr=*endmod".

Thanks,
      Peter

Comment

So if I have this clear, both of your programs are calling the same procedure (vvOut_execSqlToJson) and passing the same SQL statement yet getting different results? The only difference I can see right now would be in the sql options set in the auto code program. Maybe try removing that statement and see what you get after compiling?

Comment

I am calling the "simple program" via the Test RPG option but using the same sql statement and vvOut_execSqlToJson procedure.

I have removed the sql option and recompiled the program but the result is unchanged (no more records after the record with the null value).

Comment

Please email your telephone contact info to support@cnxcorp.com and someone from our support staff will give you a call to review the problem.

Comment

Use COALESCE in the SQL to ensure you don't get null values.

- JP

Comment

Working...
              X