• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation configuration issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation configuration issues

just downloaded Valence v3.0 beta 3.

I'd like to retain the the navigation tree as the portal default rather than the drop down menu from the navigation button, but I'm getting the drop down menu regardless of the selected value in the portal option default navigation mode settings (after restarting the server).

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
    Last edited by jcallahan; 07-18-2011, 10:52 AM. Reason: found user override (gear icon)

Comment

Think I've got a handle on what's happening.

vvadmin ships with the user navigation mode set to "Drop Down Menu". When I added a new user, the navigation mode doesn't seem to propogate from the portal option default navigation mode setting (which is what I would expect), but seems to clone the current navigation mode setting from user vvadmin.

Two issues, from my point of view:

1) I'd expect the setting to come from the system default rather than from vvadmin- isn't that the point of a system wide default?

2) No way of viewing what the current user navigation mode as the administrator (in the beta product, at least). If I'm setting up a user, I'd want to know the settings.
      Last edited by jcallahan; 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, we will review how this works and make some improvements before the final release of 3.0.

Comment

Working...
        X