• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ext.js vs ext-all.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ext.js vs ext-all.js

Hi
    Can ext.js be used instead of ext-all.js with valence-extjs4.js? It seems that ext.js together with Ext.require allows the developer to list the Ext classes that are needed instead of loading all of Ext.

-thanks,
    Hugo

I quickly tried to substitute ext-all.js with ext.js and noticed that valence-extjs4.js complained of missing Ext classes. Obviously, as it stands right now, it is relying that ext-all is loaded. We may look into this and make it compatible both ways as I imagine it would just be a matter of an Ext.require statement at the top.

Just an FYI - I was just re-reading one of the Sencha blogs concerning the dynamic loading and noticed that it mentions that this approach is not recommended for production. I suppose that loading the entire compressed ext-all.js file is less intensive than the file by file approach....

http://www.sencha.com/blog/countdown...-class-system/

Comment

Working...
    X