• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

change in httpd.conf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in httpd.conf

I am trying to do some testing according to the training videos, yet I found something is different in 3.0 than what's in the video regarding setting up another work library and folder.

For example: the "setenv"(to set up initial libl) directive is not there; the program directives "scriptaliasmatch" with the "$1" string is not there. Are these still needed features in 3.0?

Thanks,
    Dan

The Valence 3.0 BETA releases will not match the videos very well. Valence 3.0 was released in BETA to give existing Valence developers a chance to begin experimenting with many new features as we developed them. We will not be putting up new videos that match Valence 3.0 until after the final is released.

If you have specific questions you can feel free to post them on the forum and we'll help you out. With 3.0, setting the library list is just done in the portal under Administration-->Environments.

In most cases setting program directives in the Apache configuration is not necessary since calls go through VVCALL and Valence has its own internal security.

Comment

Thanks, Richard.

Yes, it makes more sense libl added to the environment will not need to be in the config.

For the program directives, I understand if I always go through the portal then there is no worry. But just that some parts of the training videos are going without the portal, so I wonder how will those work?

Dan

Comment

I think I figure it out.

To allow a different pgm lib in the config:
        ScriptAliasMatch /valencedev/(.*) /QSYS.LIB/VALENCEDEV.LIB/$1

In the case of "Helloworld" example:
        I need to add to the rpg program(EXFRMHW) to stream the html file using: (not via the Option config in the portal)
        vvOut_file('/valence-dev/html/helloworld.html');

And change the Helloworld.html's handler to call EXFRMHW instead of VVCALL.

Comment

Working...
        X