• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Includes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Includes

Our website (not written in house) contains a header, left navigation and a footer.

I have the HTML for this and need to include this in my EXTJS code.

How do I include (like a /COPY in RPG) HTML?

Thanks...

This question might just be too generalized for me to give you an easy answer but I'll give it a shot.

On one hand, some developers will "add" Ext JS to an existing page to be able to use its functionality while keeping and existing html and page structure in tact (this approach is backwards from what you're suggesting though). On the other hand you can create a new Ext JS page and pull in html fragments inside of panels and other Ext JS components. Though you cannot pull in a full html page inside of an Ext JS panel for example and have that work well--it should just be an html fragment like a <table></table> or some other piece of a page.

The way we recommend to use Valence, and the way all examples are programmed, is to have Ext JS control the rendering of all components on the page and have very little or no base html in the page at all.

This will give you some stuff to think about, but I can't really say what's best to do in your situation unless I could look at your html and what you're trying to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
    X