• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Security Example with a twist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Security Example with a twist?

Let's say I have a MVC app that runs in the portal and now I want to run the app without a user needing to long into the portal because there is no longer a need to secure the app. It needs to be for public use. I also do not want to launch the app using a URL shortcut method that contains the parms showing a userid & password, etc.

Is it as simple as just creating server directives so that nothing else needs to be changed in the app (i.e. url: 'vvcall.pgm')? Or can I no longer use vvcall.pgm?

Mike,

The portal comes with an example application that can ran outside the portal. No Security - Simple Form. That should give you all the details on having a application run outside the portal. You would just be calling the backend directly and not using vvcall.

No Security URL - just place replace IBMiIPAddress with your IPAddress and you should see the application launch without logging into the portal.

"http://IBMiIPAddress:7032/vvresources/no_security_examples/simpleform_nosec.html"

Comment

Yes, I looked at the no security example and that's where the "twist" of the question is..

Suppose I still want to use vvcall so that i don't have to change any .js code at all. I guess a 2nd part of the question is, what exactly is vvcall doing? Just portal related security or a whole bunch of other stuff?

For example, in all my models or stores, if I have the proxy set to url: 'vvcall.pgm', can I leave it alone?

Will just making changes in the server config be enough? I'm thinking not...

Comment

Mike,

You will need to update your application source since you cant call vvcall from outside the portal because of security "session id" etc. You could update your source to check if your application is running inside the portal. If it is call vvcall else your application directly.

Code:
             url : (!parent.Portal) ? 'yourpgm' : 'vvcall.pgm'
        Also vvcall sets the library list so if you are running outside of the portal you will have to do that yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X