• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Run Program To Process Upload File Prior To successMsg Using vvvIn_file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Run Program To Process Upload File Prior To successMsg Using vvvIn_file

When using vvIn_file(), is there some way to call a program to import/scrub the data in an uploaded file prior to sending the message back to the front end? I need to be able to change the message sent back to the user based off the status of the data in the file being uploaded.

An alternate solution that I am working on will utilize the success config after the form submit(). I will call another program that actually imports the data and will monitor for a success message from that additional program call. I was just hoping to tap into 1 instance of a program to handle the upload and import proccess.
    Last edited by rkanemeier; 03-13-2014, 11:00 AM.

After speaking with CNX support, it seems there is currently not mechanism within vvIn_file() to allow further file processing to occur after the upload. The alternate solution I presented above was recommended by CNX support.

Comment

Working...
    X