• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

problem with running app in IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with running app in IE

Hi,

I hope you can help me with this problem.

I have an app that was working fine in Chrome and IE and I had to change it recently. When it is loaded, it shows a button that would display a window with a grid in it. I changed the grid so that some of the columns will be hidden or shown dynamically depending on data conditions. This change is what I think is creating my problem with IE. It works fine in Chrome. I need it to work in any version of IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc as it is an app that our customers use and the customers may be using whatever browser they have.

The problem in IE (running in Browser Mode: IE10 Compat View Document Mode: IE5 Quirks) is that when I click on the button, the window does not display. IE console shows this error
    SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.
    ext-all.js, line 18 character 131390

The window will eventually come up if I click on something else and the app starts working from there.

I was able to get around this problem by adding this meta tag into my index.html: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
    It appears that for my app to work using IE, it needs to run in standard mode. So far so good.

Unfortunately, this band-aid works only if my app is launched in a new portal window. It does not work if the app is launched in a new portal tab. My app is accessible through the Valence portal.

My options are that :
    1 I try and persist to find what IE is not happy about without using that meta tag (not confident about this).
    2 The app is now launched in a new portal window (not sure if we want to do this).
    3 I add that meta tag into the desktop portal index.html and see if this will work.

So, I need your advise. Is it safe to add that meta tag into the desktop portal index.html? Would you have any other suggestion for me to get around this problem?

Thanks,
    Maria

Hi,

I think I was able to get around my problem described above.

In case anyone is interested and comes across this problem, I'll just state here what I did to "fix" this. It may be useful to others.

The IE error is pointing to this line in extjs-all.js ----> style[hook.name] = value
    The IE debugger shows that the z-index value is NaN and this appears to be what is causing me grief.

The fix I found after trawling through Google is to set the z-index on the style config on the window config and that solves it.

See below

Ext.widget('window', {
    layout : 'fit',
    autoShow : true,
    modal : true,
    style : 'z-index: -1;', // this the fix
    items : { html: 'Some content here' }
    });

I am not sure if this is the best or correct solution but it works. You may mark this entry as closed.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X