• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

application specific overrides to group authority issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• application specific overrides to group authority issue

I am trying to grant one of my users permission to use an app even though the group they belong to does not have access to.
    This one person in the group needs to run this app. When I go to edit user and go and check the app tab and click the app to give her access i get a popup saying Application specific overrides to group authority are not allowed....this can be changed in settings.
    I went to settings and have the check box check that says Allow exceptions to group authority....but I still cannot grant her access.
    thanks for the help.

ryan

Hi Ryan,

Couple questions:

(1) Did you restart the server instance after you switched on the setting?
    (2) Can you tell me which version of Valence you're using? (on the portal, click the "About" link in the upper-right drop down)

-Rob

Comment

1) yes
      2)Version 3.2.20130912.0

Comment

Sounds like we'll need to get an on-line meeting going with you to see what's going on there then. Please email support so we can set something up.

-Rob

Comment

Working...
        X