• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multilingual welcome page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multilingual welcome page

I'm trying to make the welcome page Multilingual but it doesn't seem to be respecting the Valence.lang.getLanguage() result.

While logged in with the French language if I print out the Valence.lang.getLanguage() result from that page it returns with 'en'. But if I use developer tools console in Chrome while logged into the same session the result for that variable is 'fr'.

This issue only happens in our production environment. The only noticeable difference is the page is launched on our Production environment using: Portal Options > URL for welcome page. On the working development environment I open the app to test.

Both versions are 3.2.20130912.0.

Any thoughts?

-Dean

I would suggest setting a breakpoint in the "getLanguage" method. Does "parent.Portal" exist when you step through it?

Comment

parent.Portal is there.

It appears to be dissecting the welcome page path instead of the portal URL in the getLanguage function.

-Dean

Comment

Also, a little IE8 oddity; I'm not able to load a script using this:
        Code:
        <script type="text/javascript">
        	Ext.onReady(function() {
                Valence.util.execScriptFiles({        	
        		    urls: [ 
        			    '/www/javascript/welcome-' + Valence.lang.getLanguage() + '.js'
        	    	]
            	});
        	});
        </script>
        I have to add it like this for it to work but then the language var won't work:
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/www/javascript/welcome-en.js"></script>

Any way to get that working in IE8?

-Dean

Comment

I changed the welcome page to use valence-extjs4.js which works. valence.js has the issue.

-Dean

Comment

Working...
          X