• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] EXSS01 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] EXSS01 Question

I've made a copy of EXSS01 and am trying to create an excel from a SQL statement. What do I need to put in the outfile to have this excel created in a folder? This vvOut.file = '/MIS/XLSOUT/pmireprt.xls'; is what I'm using and it is not creating the excel there. My program appears to run correctly according to the joblog.

The default for vvOut_execSQLtoSS is to download it to the browser. To write it to the IFS you would specify vvOut.download = 'F'
    Here's a link to the API - http://service.cnxcorp.com/vvdocs-3....VVSRVPGM.vvOut

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

The excel runs and looks great. I'm getting an error when opening the file in excel. It reads, "The file you are trying to open, 'pmireprt.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file". Anyone seen this before?

Comment

Excel 2010 shows this alert but the if you continue the file will open. The file created is a XML Spreadsheet so you can use the extension .xml and not have the alert, but xml is typically associated with other applications.

Comment

Working...
          X