• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] Working on Project as Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] Working on Project as Team

We are in the early stages of designing a new application that will probably takes 1 to 2 years to complete. There will be 3 members that will be working on this project. I am curious if you have any advice on how to work on a ExtJS project in a team environment. I know we can separate different functions and each work on his own part but how do we bring it all together. How do your company handle it? If we all work under the same project mvc structure and I program and make an error then it will affect the other guys with them trying to work. Do we each have our own mvc structure and work in our own little sandbox and then copy over to the current working master ?? thanks for any advice...

Wow, 1 - 2 year project, sounds exciting. For some large projects, we have created the structure on an external server and then downloaded the files locally and made changes to our local system. Then we upload our changes to the server when ready. Source editors such as WebStorm make this process really easy as it also detects when files within your project have been changed remotely and also allowing you to merge your source with the remote file.

Comment

That makes sense....I will look into Webstorm. Sounds like just what we need. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Sean recommended WebStorm to us as we have the same challenge - it works as he says and very well. For ultimate protection you could plug a VCS into WebStorm and track every change you make locally, we are currently investigating GIT as a solution and WebStorm supports GIT.

Good luck with your project.

Comment

Thanks melvig....I have downloaded Webstorm and trying to get it configured and also trying to get used to it. Looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
          X