• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] Chrome warning messages in console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] Chrome warning messages in console?

"Warning, size detected as NaN on Element.addUnits."

I was wondering if anyone knows just how much resource this type of error takes up in the browser or if it has any effect on performance at all. Or if there is a way to get rid of the error.

I ask because I have a dashboard type app that has many grids. These grids connect on the backend to many different databases and some are on servers other than the iSeries. (MySQL & Microsoft SQL Server). I use a JDBC connection to connect to those. The app also has an auto-refresh I put in the TaskManager.

Since some of the TaskManager items are "clocks" that tick every second, after several hours of the app being active I'm showing thousands and thousands of instances of the warning message.

Is this even a concern? Or at some point is Chrome going to "lock-up" or have any other detrimental effects?

I assume that you are using an ext debug or dev file in your application? If so, I would switch it to use ext-all.

Comment

That is true. I still have it in the test environment, so I am using ext-all-dev.js .. so just changing it to just ext-all.js stops that warning message?

Comment

MWM, -dev includes that warning message for help. ext-all.js would just ignore the error and not warn you. If you find that this error is not causing issues in your application, then it is fine to just ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X