• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELPED] Upload file names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELPED] Upload file names

Hey guys. I noticed that when I used your File Upload to IFS example on valence 2.2 that when the file is uploaded and put into the vvresources/uploads folder the name of the file inciudes the directory that it was uploaded from, so if i got I uploaded an image from my J drive it the entire path becomes parth of the name of the file.

However, when i select a folder on the IFS that I want to upload images too I right click on the folder, go to TRANSFER, and select UPLOAD when the file is uploaded it does not include the entire path, just the name of the file.

Arent both options basically using the same upload program?
    Last edited by brianj22; 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM.

You haven't supplied enough information for us to answer.

Are you talking about the File Upload to IFS example in the first paragraph? (Yes)
    Are you talking about the Nitro File Editor in your second paragraph? (I don't know)
    It sounds like that would be a bug in the File Upload to IFS example if the name includes the directory, since that is in Valence 2.2, I'd assume it was fixed in later versions.

Without checking if both options are using the same upload program, they take a parameter of file name so it could be up to the javascript to name the files.

Comment

Originally posted by eweiler View Post

Are you talking about the File Upload to IFS example in the first paragraph? (Yes)
      Are you talking about the Nitro File Editor in your second paragraph? (I don't know)
      It sounds like that would be a bug in the File Upload to IFS example if the name includes the directory, since that is in Valence 2.2, I'd assume it was fixed in later versions.

Without checking if both options are using the same upload program, they take a parameter of file name so it could be up to the javascript to name the files.
      The first paragraph of my question had to do with this yes.

Yes I am

I havent tried the Example in Valence 3.2 to see if that does the same thing as it does in V 2.2. When I get a chance I will try that one tomorrow.

Edited for content by richard.milone on 04-29-2013 at 4:14 PM

Comment

Originally posted by eweiler View Post

I just tried both ways of uploading the files again but this time in Valence 2.2 and it looks like it must have been fixed becuase the name of the directory is no longer part of the file name when i see the file name in the folder the file got uploaded too.

I will have to look at how your example works in v 3.2 and change my program accordingly. Thanks

Brian

Comment

Working...
        X