• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED?] Combo Box Not Working in IE 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED?] Combo Box Not Working in IE 8

Works fine in Chrome and FF.

Code:
    {
            	xtype: 'combo',
    			itemId: 'selectManager',
                name: 'selectManager', // this is important in combo's due to an ExtJS 4.0.7 bug
                store: managerDataStore,
    			displayField: 'MRCATMGR',
                valueField: 'MRCATMGR',
    			queryMode: 'local',
    			triggerAction: 'all',
    			selectOnFocus: true,
                editable: false,
    			width: 100,
    			labelStyle: 'font-size: 10px;',
    			labelSeparator: ' ',
    		    listeners: {
    			    select: function() {
                        motorDataStore.loadPage(1);
    			    }
    		    }
            }
    Some insight into some of the configs. This app controls WHEN the combo box is reloaded, so I set queryMode = local. I am attempting to get IT management approval to force users to use Chrome, FF, or IE 9 for Valence apps.

How does it behave in IE?

Comment

I don't know what hurts worse: the fact that I lost a paragraph out of my post or the fact that I didn't check it before I posted it.

The combo box is blank and when the user clicks on it, the combo box does not load values via an ajax request.

Comment

hmmm, and Only in IE so your debugging is limited! Put in an alert() with the store.getCount() when the stoer loads. At least confirm that it is a javascript issue.

Comment

I am starting to really dislike IE.

Here is the code I added to the store that is reloaded when the combo box is fired:

Code:
          		listeners : {
          			load : function(store,recs) {
                          console.log(store.selectedUser);  // selectedUser is a custom config for the store that is updated when the grid loads
                          storecount = store.getCount();
                          console.log('store count is ', storecount);
                          reviewGrid.down('#selectManager').setValue(store.selectedUser);
          			}
          		}
          The behavior:

When we had the IE 8 console up, the app worked fine (with the console logged per the above code). When we closed the console. The combo box would not work. Lol.

Comment

Did you remove all your console.logs from the application before running in IE with the console closed?

Comment

I cannot remember. I'm too far along on other projects to come back to this one. We made a decision to force users to use Chrome, Firefox or IE 9+ when accessing Valence applications.

Feel free to tag as solved.

Comment

Working...
              X