• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing multiple tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing multiple tabs

I did not see this in the manual or forums, so is there a way to close multiple or ALL tabs at once? I would settle for all verse none. I sure we will see users just open the app and then go open another, leaving them open doing nothing.

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt -

Are you referring to tabs open in the portal itself (individual applications)? For example, the user opened Order Entry, Inventory Inquiry, User Maintenance, etc...
    If this is what you mean, would the user be the one initiating the closing of all the tabs or is this something you had in mind programmatically?

Or are you referring to a single application running that has multiple tabs within it?

Comment

Closing multiple tabs

Yes, I am referring to the portal tabs.

Thanks, Matt

Comment

OK - are you looking for a way for the user to close all tabs at once or are you looking for a way to do it programmatically?

Comment

I just realized that my last post may be unclear. If you want to build such a feature into the portal itself (via vvvport.html), you could place a button somewhere that when clicked runs the following:

Code:
          tabPanelMain.removeAll();
          If you want to remove the tabs from some process outside of vvvport, for example by a program launched by the Viewport....then the following code should do the trick:

Code:
          parent.tabPanelMain.removeAll();

Comment

Working...
          X