• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refresh / Reset Form Field Dropdowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh / Reset Form Field Dropdowns

I've got a form of 8 fields and each have their own dropdown selection of distinct values.

Using a form helper program, once the user selects/clears an option from any one of the fields, the helper program refreshes the remaining 7 fields to only show selectable options..

I use app variables for each field to help with the filtering.

The functionality works great when I select/clear individual fields one at a time. I'm able to search and reset individual fields while refreshing the other fields.

The issue is when I want to reset all fields and essentially clear the form in order to start the search from the beginning,

When I 'reset', I clear reset app variables as well as refreshing the form. for some reason, after I complete a 'search' and then reset, the dropdowns are not all refreshed even though app variables are reset and my helper program explicitly refreshes combos on each field..

There is a scenario where I need to 'lock' (set value and make read only) one specific field and the user can only filter on the remaining 7. When I Reset / Refresh in that scenario.. the same thing occurs.. not all fields dropdowns are fully refreshed.

I've run out of options when trying to properly reset/ refresh my search/filter form widget. Is this a bug or what is the proper way to reset fields and refresh combo fields correctly?

brand new search.PNGafter reset.PNG
    Attached Files

Are you sure that your helper program is being called when you "reset"? If so, can you show us the response from the helper program?

Comment

I was able to come up with a solution to resolve the issue and have the app behave exactly as needed. Solution is on [reset] button click, to 'hide' the form widget then 'show' it again to trigger my helper program that helps reset/refresh combo fields so the user always gets accurate selectable options. not sure if its a bug but before when I was only 'showing' the form on reset, nothing changes in the field dropdowns.

Comment

Working...
      X